What we are building:
We are focused on continuing the growth of our next-generation SaaS application and are looking for people who aspire to be a professional Software Engineers to join our team.
As a Software Engineer at Virgin Pulse you will work on a scrum team. You bring to the table a base understanding of many modern open-source web technologies, and are dedicated to learning more. Each day you will be collaborating with Tech Leads, Product Managers, UX Designers, and other talented Engineers to deliver great solutions on an exponentially growing application.
You'll be working on platform that serves:
- Several million engaged users
- 50 billion+ consumer generated API calls a year
- Native mobile clients with 750k+ MAU (Monthly Active Users)
What are we looking for in a new hire:
Hiring is the most important thing a growing business needs to do well. We look for engineers who have following the three attributes: they are technical, versatile, and data driven.
Since each engineering team operates with a high degree of autonomy, the work to deliver software involves many functions from sprint to sprint with a model of "build it, run it". As we hire, we are looking for engineers who are good communicators and can do more than just writing code. Versatility and making decision based on data are important attributes of working in engineering.
- Design, code, and test new platform components, features, and enhancements for our native mobile platforms (Swift/Java/Kotlin) Collaborate with agile cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Triage, analyze and improve app performance in production
- Participate in sprint ceremonies to design solutions, estimate effort, and collaborate with the team to effectively plan work
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability Monitor platform performance tools in production and raise awareness to team